Tuesday 24 September 2013

Pokémon X and Y hype!

Hi! I'm getting all hyped up for the new Pokémon game, this one is actually starting to look like the kind of game I wanted to play for the last four generations.
One of my favorite upgrades is that it looks like you're finally allowed to move around freely, not restricted to moving straight along the x- or y-axis (hurr hurr). I've always felt so confined, in a way, by those kind of controls so I really look forward to this and think it'll give it more of the feeling of being a real rpg.

Other things I really like in the new game:
  • The ability to change your appearance to your liking! Hell yeah, I can feel unique!
  • More movement in the battle scenes. Maybe this will make it look a bit closer to how it looks in the anime? Anyways, it is surely to bring the pokémon closer to life and that is good.
  • Most of the new Pokémon. Most of the new ones look really cool and unique (the previous generation felt kind of boring) and come on, you can change the hairstyle of that poodle pokémon Furfrou, awesome!
I'm really hoping for a nice way to interact with your friends within the game, that's one of the few things that worries me, but I felt that Black and White took the multiplayer aspect in the right direction with playing minigames with your friends (however Pokéathlon is still the best).

Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin.
The most important thing right now is choosing a starter!
As you can see, I started off with three generations of fire starters and then switched to grass for two so, if following the trend, I should be picking Chespin however that was (from the start) the only starter that didn't catch my eye and instead I thought of going back to my favorites, the fire starters, and go with Fennekin. But now, as they've introduced their second evolutions, I've changed my mind and is thinking that this might be the first time to choose a water type, Froakie!
I'm still not sure (I need to see their final forms before I decide) but really, isn't it time to give a water starter a chance to show me what it got?

(Oh, and I'll be playing the X-version for sure. Who doesn't want the game with the elk god from Princess Mononoke on the box?)


No comments:

Post a Comment